I desperately need summer clothes. Ok, not desperately, but really do. But it sucks because I keep looking and never buying anything and also I don't want to buy a lot here because I know I have a whole closet full of clothes back in the states that definitely include summer clothes. So I basically just keep wearing the same thing over and over again. Which isn't such a big deal here, but I get sick of wearing the same outfits again and again.
Anyway, I finally realized what I've really been missing in Korea: the thrill of bargain-shopping. Since I'm still on a liquid diet (although today I did have french fries--baby steps) I took the week off from the gym. Yesterday I went shopping again to see if there were any summer clothes appropriate for work and not too expensive and well, no suprise, but no, nothing. I did manage to get a t-shirt from UNIQLO for $5 which is awesome because I actually did genuinely like the shirt, it wasn't cheap quality like a lot of clothes here, and it was $5! Did I need the shirt? Nope. But I do love a good bargain. Which Korea is lacking, at least in the clothes department.
In other news, I've written about 3 unfinished personal statements, all pretty different from each other, although I keep touching upon the same themes. It's like I know what I'm aiming for in the essay, I just don't know how to put it all together. Grrrrrr. And I feel the pressure because I know this essay has to be brilliant if I want a real chance at getting into a good school. And it should be good, it should be like the best thing I've written considering the stakes. But I just don't know. It doesn't help that I'm losing my English. Soon I will only be talking in Engrish. Or even worse, Konglish.
random thought...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment