6/24/09

Craptacular

Reasons why this week already sucks:

1) Sunday = blazing hot and humid. Went to the store for packing supplies. Wished to buy exactly one thing but got stuck behind a party of 4 with a ginormous cart full of crap who pointedly looked at me and my measly one thing and did not let me go ahead of them. When I would've taken literally 5 seconds to be rung up. Koreans don't believe in letting people go ahead of them in a line, even if it makes all the sense in the world to do so. I timed the people--they took 10 minutes to be rung up. I took less than 1 minute. Now, I know that they certainly don't have to let me go first, but doesn't it make infinitely more sense to let someone go ahead when they would barely make you wait rather than have the person wait 10 minutes for you and your crap? Alas, Korean believe to a fault that first come, first serve.

2) Monday = hot and humid. Decided to get a haircut.Bad decision. Bad, bad decision. The hairdresser fucked my bangs up royally. I don't know where she learned to cut side-swept bangs but these are NOT side-swept bangs. It's going to take me months to grow them out. The only nice thing was that I didn't have to pay for it. But seriously she messed up so why should I?

3) Tuesday = hot and humid. So tired after school that I end up taking a 4 hour nap from 9-1. Completely unproductive night.

4) Wednesday = blazing hot. Have a new contact mysteriously disappear this morning. Students are especially moody and apathetic, making me extremely frustrated. A bird shat on my back and I didn't realize it until after about 1 hour of walking around with bird crap on my back. I've never, ever had a bird crap on me until now. Formed new and grotesque blisters on my feet from my shoes.

I can't wait for this godforsaken week to be over. I'm sick of my students and of my school. I'm sick of this hot weather. I think I might be getting sick, literally.

And it's only Wednesday. Le sigh.

No comments: