For the past few days I've been experiencing the worst toothache I've ever felt. It's basically this dull, throbbing ache on the left side of my jaw. I can just barely tolerate the pain but sometimes a shooting pain will run through and I'll literally have to suppress the urge to cry or scream. It's been hell. I can only use one side of my mouth to eat which is not fun and basically forces me to eat less food.
My wisdom teeth have been periodically given me some pain but none as awful or as long-lasting as this pain. So finally I called up my aunt and told her I needed to see the dentist because the pain was not going away. It's been horrible trying to teach when my teeth hurt every time I open my mouth. I left school early (I was finished my classes anyway) to go to the dental hospital.
After getting an X-ray done which confirmed what I already knew--that I needed to get my wisdom tooth taken out--they had to clean my wisdom tooth and the surrounding teeth. And even though they claimed they gave me anesthesia, (which they did with a needle to the gum) I still felt immense pain. It was so painful, in fact, I literally cried the whole time. I think they were baffled by my crying but they also didn't do anything about it. And it seriously hurt. I mean I don't tend to cry over a tiny bit of pain.
Then when that torture was finished with, they led me to this other room and told me I needed to get another shot. In the butt. Like whaaaaat? They said it was for the pain.
Now the left side of my mouth is numb and the right side of my butt is sore.
It was also awful not knowing fully what the hell was going on. People are just doing things to you and you're not really sure why.
Anyway, I made an appointment to get my tooth taken out this Saturday. Hopefully, this will be the last of my troubles with the wisdom teeth.
random thought...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment